One question that teases all publishers is how to choose a video e-commerce solution that will be most cost-effective for their business.
As a publisher, when you lay down the general strategy and business plan, you are breaking down all the expected functionalities and quality standards for your online video service. Also, the control over costs is extremely important for your plan, as you are seeing them via the ROI perspective and your goal is to maximize profits.
You have some outstanding live or on-demand video and the challenge is how to sell/monetize it most efficiently. The obvious options when planning your video e-commerce would be:
- Develop it on your own
- Turn to a specialist
We remember the times when biggest retailers of physical goods (Tesco, Albert Heijn) were looking for the optimal e-commerce solution and were on the same crossroad. At the time, expanding into digital was an unknown territory for them as they were experimenting with both “homemade” and outsourced solutions. Once the market matured, the supply-side consolidated and only a couple of e-commerce specialists took over and never looked back. The accumulated experience and continuous investments in know-how put the most successful companies on top. We strongly believe that this is replicating in the world of digital content.
What will influence your decision?
Quality is often associated with system complexity and translates to higher costs. When you design your video service and choose the preferred revenue model (pay-per-view, subscriptions, advertising), you think of great user experience and secure, reliable technology supporting it. Even though the payment system or gateway is base layer for monetization, the standards and expectations are set high and complexity is inevitable.
Usually, you start over with a payment system, but then, you realize that you need to account for all aspects of the business.
Authentication, reporting, security, incentive systems, multi-device and multi-language support are all features that end up as a necessity.
Here are the main benefits you get when opting for Cleeng as your video e-commerce technology partner:
- Available, cloud-based templates to build your landing page, a player to embed on your existing site, and authentication functionality (including single sign-on).
- Preconfigured with many payment methods around the World, including VISA, MC, AMEX, PayPal, Maestro, Discover and many local and mobile options.
- Smart listing of the payment methods based on the users’ country, currency and price-point.
- Opportunity to enable one-click payments and increase significantly conversion rates.
What else can Cleeng do?
- Smooth integration with all major OVPs to provide seamless streaming experience.
- Manages different merchant account per region to reduce rejection rates.
- Offers social discount system and 25 different couponing options for targeting specific audiences.
- Deals with load testing, SSL acceleration, high peak traffic increase and high velocity transactions.
- Provides an optimized funneling of the end user journey to help you reduce the amount of inquiries by up to 2.8%.
TL; DR: Why choose Cleeng over DIY when it comes to video e-commerce? You save on development costs and you get better consumer conversions and less support inquiries.
Try Cleeng and start selling your live and on-demand videos: