Reports to: Platform Development Director
Employment Status: Full time
Location: City Center of Poznan – Poland
Do you subscribe to Netflix or ever purchase a live sporting event on Pay-Per-View? If so, you have a high chance of knowing already what Cleeng does.
Each month, millions viewers from more than 100 countries in the world access a video platform secured by Cleeng. We work with sports federations, TV networks, broadcasters, and media companies to deliver an efficient, tailored, premium video experience. With our e-commerce heritage and market-leading video business solutions, highly motivated team in Amsterdam (HQ), NYC, Poznan, Sydney, Guadalajara (Mexico) and Manila, Cleeng is quickly becoming the indisputable leader in this space.
Working at Cleeng is rewarding, fun, and challenging. We thrive on innovation. If you want to join a fast growing business, and make a real contribution, come join our team and help shape the future of video consumption.
About the role:
To strengthen our core R&D team in Poznan, we’re looking for a talented software engineer who has passion for writing clean code and a deep understanding of how API-centric applications should work.
To create the most flexible and reliable payment system for subscription billing used by broadcasters around the globe.
- Building backend powering our platform. You will be able to improve, operate and maintain certain functional domains of the application (think about features related to authentication, commerce, security and customer support).
- You will be creating modules according to the best practices and exposing them using APIs.
- By leveraging smartly other tools, frameworks, partners and people you will deliver effectively your tasks and enhance the interoperability of all platform features you are accountable for.
- Proven experience of commercial coding for at least 2 years (preferably PHP, Python or Node.js)
- Abstract thinking for understanding, modeling and documenting complex processes.
- Understanding of good OOP practices (keywords: SOLID, DDD).
- A practical can-do mentality, with strong ability to get things done.
- Good attitude and good sense of humor. 😉
Nice to have:
- Experience with integrating payment gateways – ideally including subscriptions and in-app purchases.
Our tech stack and organization:
- Backend is API-centric, mainly written in PHP 7.3, but you can choose a language of your preference. We love Serverless!
- MySQL and Redis for data storage.
- Infrastructure is hosted in AWS.
- We organize our work using SCRUM.
- We love sharing knowledge and improving our skills on internal workshops and trainings.
What we offer:
- Good salary package, one that fits your needs;
- Flexible working hours and form of employment;
- Possibility to work remotely;
- 100 % paid sick leave with agreed limits;
- A great, full of energy and brand new space (Cleeng office) in the very middle of Poznan;
- Equipment of your choice and additional accessories for your computer to make your work more efficient and comfortable;
- Perks: private healthcare, sport’s card (Multisport), fully equipped kitchen, fresh fruit and vegetables, private bicycle parking and partially refunded costs of car parking;
- Co-financed trainings and conferences;
- Annual retreats, monthly integration events, free Friday lunches every second week;
- Events celebrations: birthdays, annuals and others;
- Possibility to use your English on a daily basis;
- Possibilities to travel abroad;
- Working with truly international team of well – rounded experts in Amsterdam (HQ), Poznan, Manilla, NYC, Guadalajara and Sydney. 16 nationalities and counting!
- Work on unique, market leading, SaaS products, with clients all over the world, from New Zealand, Japan, Europe, US and Latam;
- Work closely with people who value diversity, hard work, friendly relationships and love their jobs and get all together to the next level!
We are growing fast and need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people ready to take up the challenge with us. If you’d like to help us to have an impact, this is your chance to make history.