Do you subscribe to Netflix or ever purchase a live sporting event on Pay-Per-View? If so, you have a high chance of knowing already what Cleeng does.
Each month, nearly 2 million viewers from more than 100 countries in the world access a video platform secured by Cleeng. We work with sports federations, TV networks, broadcasters, and media companies to deliver an efficient, tailored, premium video experience. With our e-commerce heritage and market-leading video business solutions, highly motivated team of 60 people in Amsterdam (HQ), NYC, Poznan, Sydney and Manila, and good funding, Cleeng is quickly becoming the indisputable leader in this space.
Working at Cleeng is rewarding, fun, and challenging. We thrive on innovation. If you want to join a fast growing business and make a real contribution, come join our team and help shape the future of video consumption.
The job: Data Scientist
You will work on the forefront of data science by distilling human and artificial intelligence from big data sets collected from the millions of subscribers our platform support. Cleeng is the leader in subscriber retention management, and providing meaningful and actionable insights from all the data collected across 100s of broadcasters around the world will define our future success. You have exceptional attention to detail, a good understanding of business knowledge, and an eye for discovering insights. You should have demonstrable experience with machine learning algorithms.
Cleeng is looking for a talented and dedicated Data Scientist that can further bring our Machine Learning capabilities to the next level.
- Create actionable insights for our clients (and internal teams) from the data sets available
- Define data requirements and improve data processing and transformations. Own part of the data model, objects and parameters.
- Build out and improve our AI & machine learning capabilities. Apply Statistical, Machine Learning or other methods to address specific business problems (churn prediction, targeted messages) and enhance our product and value to our clients so to allow them to better manage their subscribers.
- Support reporting and analytics, such as KPIs, and creating and improving dashboards by translating data into visualizations, metrics, and goals. Ensure data consistency and quality across all our services.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience as data scientist
- Proven experience in Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Deep understanding of data processing, storage, transformations, extraction and visualization tools
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL
- Proficient with Python, R, Scala, MatLab, or other data science toolkits.
- Experience with querying and administering big data storage services (Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, BigQuery, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with a distributed computing platform (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) is a plus
- A practical can-do mentality, with strong ability to get things done.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Business IT, or similar studies
- Good salary package, one that fits your needs;
- Flexible working hours and form of employment;
- Possibility to work remotely;
- 100 % paid sick leave with agreed limits;
- A great, full of energy and brand new space (Cleeng office) in the very middle of Poznan;
- Equipment of your choice and additional accessories for your computer to make your work more efficient and comfortable;
- Perks: private healthcare, sport’s card (Multisport), fully equipped kitchen, fresh fruit and vegetables, private bicycle parking and partially refunded costs of car parking;
- Co-financed trainings and conferences;
- Annual retreats, monthly integration events, free Friday lunches every second week;
- Events celebrations: birthdays, annuals and others;
- Possibility to use your English on a daily basis;
- Possibilities to travel abroad;
- Working with truly international team of well – rounded experts in Amsterdam (HQ), Poznan, Manilla, NYC, Guadalajara and Sydney. 16 nationalities and counting!
- Work on unique, market leading, SaaS products, with clients all over the world, from New Zealand, Japan, Europe, US and Latam;
- Work closely with people who value diversity, hard work, friendly relationships and love their jobs and get all together to the next level!
We will only contact selected candidates.
How can you apply?
Please send your CV via our website
or otherwise directly to the recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org