Reports to: Frontend Development Director
Employment Status: Full time
Location: City Center of Poznan – Poland
Do you subscribe to Netflix or ever purchase a live sporting event on Pay-Per-View? If so, you have a high chance of knowing already what Cleeng does.
Each month, nearly 2 million viewers from more than 100 countries in the world access a video platform secured by Cleeng. We work with sports federations, TV networks, broadcasters, and media companies to deliver an efficient, tailored, premium video experience. With our e-commerce heritage and market-leading video business solutions, highly motivated team of 50 people in Amsterdam (HQ), NYC, Poznan, Sydney and Manila, and good funding, Cleeng is quickly becoming the indisputable leader in this space.
Working at Cleeng is rewarding, fun, and challenging. We thrive on innovation. If you want to join a fast growing business, and make a real contribution, come join our team and help shape the future of video consumption.
Your impact & mission
Within our R&D centre, your mission is to ensure our front-end looks innovative & awesome across devices, and uses an optimal code structure.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to grow concepts through interactive design exploration, ideation and user validation;
- Understand the different touch-points our clients and customers go through: Dashboard, Check-out, Website, Apps, and come up with practical ideas to bring them to the next level;
- Quickly implement new designs into code that work in all countries, languages, and devices;
- Relentlessly think how to optimize user experience, and drive two important KPIs of eCommerce: high conversion rates and low support inquiries;
- Recommend and deploy tools that will improve scalability, flexibility, and simplicity of managing our web operations;
- Work closely with the design, marketing and tech teams, in order to optimise how we can bring innovative ideas to market;
- Strong understanding of JS
- Strong understanding of one of the leading frameworks (React / Angular / Vue). We are working mostly in React – so you know it or are willing to learn
- Strong affinity with UX design & best practices on visual design
- 50%+ of our business comes from mobile & tablets, so you master responsive design
- Good knowledge of tools using during the front-end development (Webpack, etc.)
- High sense of quality achievement: from mockups, to development, testing and optimization
- A practical can-do mentality, with strong ability to bring innovative solutions and get things done;
- Ability to drive your ideas, and collaborate with marketing, design, tech and business teams
- Good practices knowledge and familiarity with some JS testing frameworks
- Having worked for at least 2 – 3 years in a similar position and be able to show what you have achieved;
- Fluent English
Our tech stack and organization:
- Front-End is written in React
- Back-End is in PHP 7 with our own framework based on Zend
- We use state of the art development environment, including New Relic, AWS, Cloudflare, Invisionapp, pivotal, and hotjar.
- We love sharing knowledge and improving our skills on internal workshops and trainings.