Cleeng is the Subscriber Retention Management Company. We help our clients create a long-life relationship with their subscribers by providing predictive analytics. Our solutions are used by market-leading brands like Sinclair Broadcast Group, CBC, Broadway HD, Korean Content Platform, McFit, and many others. Cleeng’s fully SaaS solution is built for scalability, flexibility, robustness and innovation.
Working at Cleeng is rewarding, fun, and challenging. We thrive on innovation. If you want to join a fast growing business and make a real contribution, come join our team and help shape the future of video consumption.
The job: Sales Solution Engineer
Your Mission: Work closely with our most important prospects, client and/or partners, to support the sales process by providing technical leadership and expertise, ensuring Cleeng’s technology is properly positioned/proposed in the overall solution for our clients.
- Gather technical and product requirements of prospects, performing deep dives into their architecture to uncover objectives, pain points, and challenges
- Act as technical platform expert to provide consultative guidance to prospects & partners on sales opportunities
- Build (technical) solution proposals including architecture and sequence diagrams
- Estimate workloads required for custom work, and align with vendors/partners on respective responsibilities (if involved)
- In some cases, impress the prospect with smart and impactful Demo/PoC that instantly take away their concerns
- Take ownership of providing complete and inspiring answers, solutions and presentations on the technical aspects of an RFP/deal (e.g. performance, security, PII, compliance, etc)
- Offer technical guidance to the sales team through the pre-sales process
- Articulate technical proposals with a strong commercial perspective. Work closely with the sales team to achieve high conversion of opportunities into new business.
- Ensure a smooth transition to post-sales with the project delivery teams
- 5+ years of similar experience, with a solid technical background, preferably within the digital or media industries and working closely with clients or partners during the implementation or integration processes.
- Familiar with subscription services, ideally in the OTT /online video technologies, app development.
- Ability to present compelling technical solutions in simple terms (diagrams, wireframes), thanks to clear articulation of clients’ needs, technical options, and target architecture.
- Creative thinking, finding innovative solutions that bring simplicity in execution and high performance.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- When possible again due to COVID and required for the deal, keen to travel to meet our clients/prospects in Australia, Asia, Europe or Americas. Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
Note: as this is a global position, the job requires flexible “operating hours”. Many key prospects and clients are in the US; therefore a default 11am-7pm schedule would be preferred